|Office #:||Lewis Towers 401|
Cyndi Maxey, MA, CSP, is a seasoned professional speaker and co-author of five books; the latest is Speak Up! A Woman's Guide to Presenting Like a Pro (St. Martin's Press 2008). In addition to teaching public speaking and communication in Loyola's SCPS program, Cyndi has owned Maxey Creative Inc. since 1989, a consulting firm specializing in communication that drives profitable performance. She has consulted, coached, and spoken extensively (on average 75-90 times a year) with organizations who want to boost influence and presentations skills.
Cyndi is one of fewer than 185 women internationally to hold the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, the National Speakers Association's highest earned designation recognizing professional excellence. She is a past President of National Speakers Association - Illinois Chapter and has served on the Boards of the Chicago Chapter of the American Society of Training and Development and the Chicago Chapter National Association of Women Business Owners.
She has recently been elected as the 2009 NSA-Illinois Humanitarian of the Year, an award given for service to others while working full time as a speaking professional.
M.A. Northwestern University, Speech/Communication Studies.
B.A. Illinois State University, Theatre Education/English.
- CMUN 101 Public Speaking and Critical Thinking
- CMUN 224 Organizational Communication
- CMUN 251 Business and Professional Speaking
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Owner, Maxey Creative, Inc., Professional Speaker, Author
- American Society for Training and Development
- Chicagoland Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Speakers Association - Certified Speaking Professional
- National Speaker's Association-Illinois Humanitarian of the Year, 2009
It’s Your Move: Dealing Yourself the Best Cards in Life and Work
Present Like a Pro: The Field Guide to Mastering the Art of Business, Professional, and Public Speaking
Speak Up! A Woman’s Guide To Presenting Like a Pro
Training from the Heart: Developing your Natural Training Abilities to Inspire the Learner and Drive Performance on the Job