BA in Applied Psychology
The Individualized concentration is designed for BA in Applied Psychology students looking to combine courses from various disciplines for a broader approach to the degree. Students will be trained in how to properly asses, diagnose and address structural and cultural problems within an organization, in addition to learning models, strategies and intervention techniques to solve them.
This degree is ideal for students seeking careers in human resources, organizational development, strategic planning and leadership.
The BA in Applied Psychology with Individualized concentration comprises 120 credit hours. Courses in the Individualized concentration are offered in accelerated, 8-week sessions. All courses are offered in the traditional (in-person) format with several courses also available online.
I. Applied Psychology Major Courses: 36 credit hours
- CPST 360 Organizational Development and Change in Organizations
- CPST 370 Leadership Theories and Applications
- CPST 380 Leadership, Culture and Ethics
- PSYC 101 General Psychology
- PSYC 279 Judgment and Decision-Making
- PSYC 275 Social Psychology
- PSYC 304 Statistics
- PSYC 306 Research Methods
- PSYC 338 Psychology of Personality
- PSYC 353 Applied Social Psychology
- PSYC 356 Consumer Psychology
- PSYC 362 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
II. SCPS Core: 6 credit hours
- CPST 200 Introduction to Degree Completion
- CPST 201 Professional Identity and Development
III. Capstone: 3 credit hours
- CPST 397 Capstone
III. Individualized Concentration
Students create a concentration by combining courses from a variety of disciplines, using transfer and Loyola courses. The individualized option is ideal for students with interests in divergent fields. To learn more, see your advisor.
IV. University Core Requirements
What are employers looking for? Employers say they are looking for a demonstrated capacity in these areas:
- think critically
- communicate clearly
- solve complex problems
- ethical judgment and integrity
- intercultural skills
- the capacity for continued new learning
- written and oral communication
- applied knowledge in real-world settings
- broad knowledge in the liberal arts and sciences
In the University Core you will further develop your skills. Learn more about University Core Requirements.
A total of 120 credits are required for the degree at Loyola University Chicago. Sources of the remaining credits can include courses offered in the SCPS 8-week session schedule or the 16-week semester schedule. Transfer credits (not already used in the major, concentration, or University Core), Prior Learning Assessment, CLEP, DSST, or ACE-evaluated credits (such as your military transcript) can all used to fulfill the remaining elective credit requirements that get you to 120 credits, subject to residency and other requirements.