BA in Management
Managers that possess strong strategic planning and decision-making skills, understand the dynamic foundation of business principles and have the ability to communicate effectively are critical to the success of any organization. The Bachelor of Arts in Management degree with a required, selected concentration is designed to prepare working adult students to excel as valued and effective managers in today’s complex work environments. This accelerated program takes a comprehensive approach to the study of management. Rooted in ethical leadership, critical thinking, and applied management skills, this management major enables students to perceive, assess, communicate, and make informed workplace decisions.
Benefits of the program
- Accelerated format allows you to hone your analytical, decision-making, and management skills
- Online or on-campus—learn with other adult students who, like you, bring experience and knowledge to the classroom
- Choose from 11 concentrations, allowing you to focus your program in the direction you choose
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society
For more information on the Management BA degree program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BA in Management with a required, selected concentration is comprised of 120 credit hours:
- 30 credit hours in the major,
- 12 credit hours of SCPS requirements,
- one of the required concentrations below,
- 48 credit hours of University Core Requirements and
- 6-18 credit hours of Electives.
The BA in Management major is offered in both accelerated 8-week, face-to-face format and the 8-week online format. Click here for the PDF of the Management BA Curriculum. The entire degree of BA Management can be taken online if the Organizational Developement and Leadership concentration or the Business Communication concentration is chosen. Click on each concentration below for curriculum:
- Business Communication Concentration
- Organizational Development and Leadership Concentration
- Organizational Psychology Concentration
- Paralegal Studies Certificate
The following concentratons are offered in the traditional sixteen-week, face-to-face format:
- Communication Concentration
- Criminal Justice Concentration
- Finance/Economics Concentration
- Healthcare Emergency Management Concentration
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Public Policy/Public Administration Concentration
- Social Services and Non-Profit Management Concentration
At SCPS, we are flexible and continue to develop more programs to meet the demands of the working world. We offer five sessions a year: two eight week sessions in the fall and two eight week sessions in the spring and one eight week session in the summer. Management BA courses are offered from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., one day a week, making it possible for students to work full-time as they attend classes. This accelerated format along with the fact that we offer courses online also well makes it possible for students to complete their degree and maintain all their responsibilities of family and work life outside of their academic life.
SCPS offers a fully online option for the BA in Management. Students have the choice of the fully online option, the fully on-campus option, or some combination of the two.
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies has developed adult degree programs that respond to the needs of today’s students and employers. Apply now or request more information about Loyola’s leadership training programs.