Actuarial Science Certificate
The courses for the Actuarial Science certificate are offered in the 16-week daytime schedule at the Lake Shore Campus:
The certificate in Actuarial Science is suitable for students preparing for a career in actuarial science, statistics, business or economics. Courses are taught by the faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. All courses are for credit and can be transferred into the major in Statistics once a student is admitted into an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
For more information on the Actuarial Science Certificate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
The certificate program in Actuarial Science requires six courses and two one-credit seminars. Some requirements may be fulfilled by transfer credit. Please speak to an SCPS academic advisor about prior credits.
The following classes are required of all students. Click on each course to read a full description of the concepts covered:
- MATH 161 Calculus I (4) [Prerequisite: Math placement test or Math 118]
- MATH 162 Calculus II (4) [Prerequisite: Math 161]
- MATH 263 Multivariable Calculus (4) [Prerequisite: Math 162]
- STAT 203 Statistics (3) [Prerequisite: Math 162 or 132 (with grade of "C" or better)]
- STAT 304 Probability & Statistics I (3) [Prerequisites: MATH 263; STAT 203 or 335]
- STAT 305 Probability & Statistics II (3) [Prerequisite: STAT 304]
- STAT 396 Actuarial Seminar I (1) [Prerequisites: Math 263, Math 212, Stat 304 are strongly recommended]
- STAT 397 Actuarial Seminar II (1) [Prerequisite: STAT 304]
Courses are offered in the 16 week format during the day at the Lake Shore Campus. To see a list of classes, click here. Please note that we cannot guarantee full-time status throughout the entire certificate program.
To learn more about a profession in actuarial science, click here.
International Students seeking admission to any certificate program in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies are required to demonstrate the ability to study at Loyola University Chicago with the appropriate F-I visa status classification. The Office of International Programs is available to assist you regarding the appropriate documentation to study with SCPS. Please feel free to contact them at 773.508.7706 or email@example.com. Please be advised:
- You will be required to provide documentation of your ability to finance your tuition, fees, and living expenses. Please contact The Office of International Programs at 773.508.7706 for details and the appropriate forms needed. SCPS does not provide scholarship assistance for students seeking certificate credentials.
- An I-20 certificate of eligibility can be issued after admission to an SCPS certificate program, documents regarding post-secondary, English language proficiency, and financial documentation have been submitted. For complete information on the documents needed to receive an I-20 and an F-1 visa as well as helpful advice, visit here.
We invite you to visit us for an Open House or Information Session at our downtown Chicago campus. Contact us to request more information about Loyola’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies Actuarial Science programs.