The courses for the Mathematics certificate are offered in the 16-week daytime schedule at the Lake Shore Campus:
The Mathematics Certificate Program requires six courses. This program is suitable for students preparing for further study in economics, business, finance, chemistry, physics or other disciplines in which a background in mathematics is needed. The Mathematics Certificate may also appeal to high school science teachers. Courses are taught by the faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. All courses are for credit and can be transferred into the major in Mathematics once a student is admitted into an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
For more information on the Mathematics Certificate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
The certificate program in Mathematics requires six courses. Some requirements may be fulfilled by transfer credit. Please speak to an SCPS academic advisor about prior credits.
For the most up to date listing of courses click on the individual course links.
The following classes are require of all students. Mathematics and Statistic classes do have prerequisites. Please click on each course to ensure that you have completed the prerequisites necessary to register for class:
- MATH 161 Calculus I (4) [Prerequisite: Math Placement Test or Math 118]
- MATH 162 Calculus II (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 161]
- MATH 263 Multivariable Calculus (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 preferred but Math 132 is acceptable]
- MATH 264 Ordinary Differential Equations (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 263]
- EITHER: MATH 212 Linear Algebra (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 or 132]
OR: Math 201 Elementary Number Theory (3) [Prerequisite: Math 118]
- Any 300-level 3-credit Mathematics course [Prerequisites vary]
Courses are offered in the 16-week format during the day at the Lake Shore Campus. To see a list of classes, click here. SCPS cannot guarantee full-time status throughout the length of the certificate program.
Contact us today with questions about Loyola’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies certificate programs or mathematics courses.