Nonprofit and Church Leadership Certificate
The Nonprofit and Church Leadership Certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the broad-based operations of both non-profit and church organizational structures.
With this certificate, students will gain skills and abilities to:
- Present and explain financial information and functions,
- Address financial sustainability issues,
- Lead with collaboration and with strong relationship building skill sets,
- Build and maintain a volunteer and support base,
- Develop goals and assess organizational effectiveness, and
- Apply up-to-date marketing functions to support organizational health.
|Total Number of Courses||6|
|Total Number of Credit Hours||18 credit hours|
|Recommended Start Term||
Students interested in completing the certificate in 8 months (4 sessions) must begin the program in Fall I.
Classes for this certificate are not held during the summer session and students starting the program in Fall II, Spring I, or Spring II, will finish the certificate in about 12 months.
To see how quickly you could finish this certificate view our Course Rotation schedule.
|Schedule Format||Courses offered fully online starting with the Spring I 2018 session.|
|Quickest Time to Complete||4 8-Week Sessions (10 months)|
|Transfer Credit Accepted Toward Certificate||2 courses / 6 credit hours|
|Application and Admission Requirements||Application
Official transcripts from all prior institutions
2.0 GPA or higher and in good standing at all prior institutions
|Tuition and Fees
- CPST 276 Introductory Finance and Budgetary Best Practices
- CPST 278 Fundraising and Financial Sustainability
- CPST 270 Effective Boards and Plans
- CPST 272 Building a Volunteer and Support Base
- CPST 280 Mission and Organizational Development and Assessment
- CPST 274 Advocacy and Program Promotion
Course descriptions are available on LOCUS
Select the “Guest Access to LOCUS” link found directly below the “Sign In” button and choose “Browse the Course Catalog” link to search for a course and view the description.
For more information
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-915-6501 to schedule a meeting with one of our admissions counselors.