BA in Applied Studies
At SCPS, we are flexible and continue to develop more programs to meet the demands of the working world. We offer five sessions a year: two eight week sessions in the fall and two eight week sessions in the spring and one eight week session in the summer. Applied Studies BA courses are offered from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., one day a week, making it possible for students to work full-time as they attend classes. This accelerated format along with the fact that we offer courses online also well makes it possible for students to complete their degree and maintain all their responsibilities of family and work life outside of their academic life.
Adult students often wish to take as wide a range of courses to meeting their professional and personal interests. Designed to enhance your current career or establish a new one, the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies is a unique degree, which provides a strong foundation in communication and business, in addition to focusing on a complimentary discipline.
Benefits of the program
- Customized format gives you the flexibility to gain new applied and theoretical skills and hone the business skills you already have.
- Online, evening, and weekend class formats allow you to pursue your passion for education while balancing work and family life.
- Honoring your past life experience, students may submit a prior learning assessment portfolio and earn credits for as many as 10 courses.
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society.
For more information on the Applied Studies BA degree program, please contact email@example.com.
The BA in Applied Studies with a required concentration is comprised of 120 credit hours: 51 credit hours in the major, one of the following required concentrations below, the 48 credit hours of University Core Requirements and 21 credit hours of Electives. Click on each concentration for curriculum:
- Business Communication
- Healthcare Emergency Management Concentration
- Integrated Marketing Communication Concentration
- Organizational Development and Leadership Concentration
- Organizational Psychology Concentration
- Public Policy
- Criminal Justice Concentration
- Paralegal Studies
- Social Services and Non-Profit Management Concentration
**Starting in Spring II 2013, SCPS will offer a fully online option for the BA in Applied Studies. Students will have the choice of the fully online option, the fully on-campus option, or some combination of the two.
We invite you to join us for an Information Session at our downtown Chicago Water Tower campus. Contact us to request more information about Loyola's Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies or other professional degrees.