Highly Qualified Faculty & Staff
Title/s: Senior Lecturer
Office #: Lewis Towers 401
Cyndi Maxey, MA, Communication Studies – Northwestern University, holds the CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation, a distinguished honor earned by fewer than 300 women in National Speakers Association. She also holds a B.A. in Theater Education and English from Illinois State University. Co-author of six books on communication and presentations, Cyndi is a veteran speaker, coach and facilitator to corporations and associations throughout the nation.
Owner of Maxey Creative Inc. since 1989 she has served as a faculty member in Loyola’s SCPS program since 2005. She is an active member of the Association for Talent Development and has served on the Boards of the Chicago Chapter of ATD and of the National Association of Women Business Owners. She served on the Board and as President of the Illinois chapter of the National Speakers Association. Cyndi is a member of Loyola’s Women’s Advisory Board and has presented frequently for the Continuum Program.
- M.A. in Communication Studies, 1980 from Northwestern University
- B.A. in Theatre Education, 1975 from Illinois State University
- CMUN 101 Public Speaking and Critical Thinking
- CMUN 224 Organizational Communication
- CMUN 251 Business and Professional Speaking
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Owner, Maxey Creative, Inc., Professional Speaker, Author
- American Society for Training and Development
- Chicagoland Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Speakers Association - Certified Speaking Professional
- National Speaker's Association-Illinois Humanitarian of the Year, 2009
"I took away a lot from this class. It is one of the few where I will keep all of the reading material. This was helpful in my current field of work, and it will be critical in finding a job in the field of my studies. Professor Maxey was very concerned about our success and I enjoyed our work load. It was a lot of reading, but worthwhile. The workbook for the class was most helpful."
- 2009. Humanitarian Award. NSA–Illinois
- 2008. President’s Spirit Award. NSA-Illinois. 2004, Member of the Year Award. NSA-Illinois.
- 2003. Nick Carter Award. NSA-Illinois.
- 2000 – CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) Designation with National Speakers Association.
- 2000 – Barbara O’Connell Celebration of Life Award – NSA Illinois.
- 1992- John Ludwig Award- Chicago Chapter ASTD for strengthening the chapter locally, regionally, and nationally.
- 1991, 1990 - Region V ASTD Service Awards.
- 1988 - CCASTD Service Award.
- It’s Your Move: Dealing Yourself the Best Cards in Life and Work
- Present Like a Pro: The Field Guide to Mastering the Art of Business, Professional, and Public Speaking
- Speak Up! A Woman’s Guide To Presenting Like a Pro
- Training from the Heart: Developing your Natural Training Abilities to Inspire the Learner and Drive Performance on the Job