The Loyola History collections brings together documents, such as library catalogs and unpublished university histories, that reflect the historical development of Loyola University Chicago.
Images documenting the people, places, and events at Loyola.
St. Ignatius College/Loyola University Chicago catalogs and bulletins from 1870 to 2000.
Established in 1909, Loyola Academy was housed at Dumbach Hall on the Lake Shore Campus of Loyola University before moving to Wilmette, IL, in 1957.
Established in 1909, Loyola's School of Law celebrated its centennial during the 2008-2009 academic year. This collection celebrates the School of Law through photographs and documents, including a letter from several prominent Chicago attorneys requesting the establishment of a law school at St. Ignatius College.
Programs from the Annual Award Dinner held by the Stritch School of Medicine. The programs begin with 1950 and contain information on Stritch Medal and Sword of Loyola awardees.
Commencement programs containing information about graduates, faculty, university administration, and speakers from 1898 to current.
Loyola's student newspapers, the Loyola News was established in 1924 and ran until 1969. In 1970 the name of the student newspaper changed to Loyola Phoenix.
Blackacre was the student newspaper of the Loyola School of Law from 1967 through 2000. It covered events at the school as well as significant legal events in Illinois and the United States.
The Loyola University yearbook containing information on the university, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, College of Commerce, and the Graduate School.
Yearbook of the School of Dentistry.
Yearbook of the College of Commerce at the Water Tower Campus.
Yearbooks of the school of Medicine. Some years the Medical School graduates were included in the Loyolan.
Yearbooks of the Rome Center. No yearbooks was issued for the first year of the Rome Center (1962-1963).
The St. Ignatius Collegian was the first magazine published by the students of St. Ignatius College/Loyola University. It contains information on events at the College as well as literary efforts by the students.
In 1913 the St. Ignatius Collegian became the Loyola University Magazine. While still including a chronicle of what was happening at the University, it began to include more literary efforts by students. The magazine's name was later changed to Loyola Quarterly before becoming Cadence.