Raymond C. Baumhart, S.J. (1920-)
- Longest serving president
- Medical Center becomes nationally recognized for heart transplant surgery; cancer research; kidney and lung transplant surgery; and trauma treatment
- Mundelein College affiliates with Loyola
- Mallinckrodt College affiliates with Loyola
- 31 endowed chairs established
- School of Dentistry closes
- 56 Ph.D. areas of concentration available for study at Loyola
John J. Piderit, S.J. (1944-)
- Loyola Freshman Experience program established
- Mallinckrodt campus purchased
- Loyola Medical Center becomes an independent subsidiary of the University
Michael J. Garanzini, S.J. (1948-)
- 23rd President
- Loyola becomes largest Jesuit university in U.S.
- Loyola becomes second largest Catholic university in U.S.
- Stritch School of Medicine and School of Law celebrate centennials
- Centennial of the Lake Shore Campus is celebrated
- Quinlan Life Sciences building, Winthrop dorm, Baumhart Hall, Norville Center for Athletics, and Cuneo Hall built
- Gentile Center and Madonna della Strada Chapel renovated
- East Quad built on Lake Shore Campus
John Pelissero, Ph.D.
Interim President, 2015-