Undergraduate Research Poster Presentations
|Wednesday Dec. 12, 2012
Quinlan Life Sciences Center
Third Floor Atrium
10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Presenters: Please set up your posters from 9:00 to 9:30 a.m.
Poster Program: Student, Title of Research Poster & Faculty Mentor (PDF)
Research Poster Guidelines
- The space provided for the display of posters will be 46 x 46 ft. All of the poster materials must fit in this space.
- It is recommended that the poster be prepared by creating a PowerPoint presentation, printing out the PowerPoint pages, and mounting these pages onto the poster background.
- Poster boards/backgrounds will be provided and set-up by the Biology Department. Thumbtacks will be available for mounting the pages onto the poster background.
- The poster must include the following pieces of information prominently displayed:
- Title of the research project
- Student's name
- Name of the student's research advisor
- Each poster should be organized to include the following sections:
- It is recommended that the text for the introduction, methods and conclusion sections be presented as bullet points to make it easier for those reading the poster.
- All text should be presented in a font of at least 22 point so that it can be read from a distance of a few feet.
- The results section may include some or all of the following: bulleted text, tables, figures, images, photographs and illustrations.
- Posters should stimulate discussion. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item on your poster is necessary.