Click Here to view Verification FAQs
- What is Verification? Verification, run twice a year (Fall and Spring), is a process that identifies any charges or credits that were not included in your original budget.
- Why do I have to adjust my budget? If there appears to be a discrepancy when verification is run, the student and payer will receive an e-mail notification of steps to take. If notified, it is highly recommended that you review your iPlan Verification for possible discrepancies and accept the suggested adjustment so your budget is up to date. Doing so at this time will allow you to spread any necessary budget adjustment over the greatest number of remaining unpaid installments.
- I received a Verification e-mail; what do I do next to see what changed in my plan? To understand the suggested change to your plan, click on the Details tab located on the top of the Installment Plan Verification page. This section provides an itemized breakdown of charges and credits per term. The left column contains items you originally selected to include in the iPlan Budget. You can compare those amounts to the Student Account charges and credits listed on the right.
- How will the adjustment affect my iPlan? Click on the Installment Plan Verification tab to see an overview of the recommended adjustment amount (the amount to add or decrease from your plan), and how it will affect your remaining unpaid installment amounts. The table included on that page will show your old installments and the new installment amount if the adjustment is accepted.
- What if the new installment amount is more than I can afford? If you cannot afford the new installment amount, consider applying for a Federal PLUS loan or alternative loan to supplement your plan. For additional information about these loans, visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance’s website at www.luc.edu/finaid. You may also call their office at 773-508-7704 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I believe the suggested budget amount is incorrect due to changes in Financial Aid or Housing and meal plans? Please contact the appropriate office if you believe your budget adjustment does not reflect recent changes to financial aid or housing and meal plans. For housing and meal plan charges, contact the Office of Residence Life at 773-508-3300 or e-mail email@example.com. Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance with questions regarding your financial aid award at 773-508-7704 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens if I click Yes? By clicking the Yes button at the bottom of the page on the Installment Plan Verification tab, your iPlan and any unpaid installments will be automatically adjusted. You will also receive an e-mail notification confirming your request.
- When will my adjustment take place? If you click Yes and accept the recommended adjustment amount, then your plan will be adjusted with your next unpaid installment amount. You will see the adjustment reflected in your plan immediately.
- What happens if I click No? If you click No, an adjustment will not be made to your iPlan account. However, please be aware that an adjustment may be required at a later date.
- What if I’m not sure about what to do? Try viewing the verification tutorial below prior to making a call. If you still have questions or concerns call us at 773-508-7705 or e-mail email@example.com.
- What if I do not take any action? If you choose not to select Yes or No, your plan will remain the same. However, you may still be requested to make additional adjustments to your iPlan account at a later date. Verification is simply a recommendation and may be subject to change.
- Will I have to adjust my budget again? While we hope our budget wizard and verification process identify most of your charges and credits, you may still be requested to make additional adjustments to your iPlan account at a later date. Verification is simply a recommendation and may be subject to change.