Loyola University Chicago

- Navigation -

Loyola University Chicago

Campus Card

Frequently Asked Questions

The Rambler Card is a photo identification card for all members of the Loyola University community. It enables building and library access and can be used to pay for dining, books, printing, parking, vending, along with many other services. Additionally, the Rambler Card grants access to Halas Sports Center and Campus Library borrowing privileges.

Yes, meal plan change requests are accepted each semester. Please be aware of the deadlines for such change requests. Students who wish to change their meal plan can visit the Forms page to do so. The Campus Card Office or the Department of Residence Life can assist with specific meal plan questions or direct you as needed.

Immediately suspend usage on your card at the Online Card Office or by contacting the Campus Card Office at 773-508-CARD. A stop will be placed on your campus card accounts. A new campus card can be issued for a $25.00 replacement fee at either of our office locations.

There are a few steps you can take to overcome troubles you may run into when trying to log into the Online Card office:

If none of these steps resolve your troubles, please contact the Campus Card Office at campuscard@luc.edu or call 773/508-2273.

Yes, your Rambler Card can be deactivated, or suspended, by using the Online Card Office. When you wish to reactivate it, you must do so by using the Online Card Office, contacting the Campus Card Office at 773-508-CARD, or emailing campuscard@luc.edu.

The Campus Card Office can assist in troubleshooting issues with Meal Plans, Rambler Bucks, or Printing funds.
Problems with printing stations should be addressed with the appropriate computer lab personnel, particularly for print refunds requests.

The Department of Campus Safety can assist with ensuring that your building access to the libraries, residence hall, or other designated building is correct.
The Campus Card Office can assist in ensuring that the card itself is functioning properly.

The Parking Office can assist with advance payment for parking. If you'd like to apply for a parking permit please visit Parking Services.

Rambler Bucks can be added in three forms:

  • With check at the Bursar's Office (minimum of $50.00):

    Lakeshore Campus: Sullivan Center, Suite 190
    Water Tower Campus: Corboy Law Center, Lobby
  • With cash at a ValuePort Locations:
    • Cudahy Library - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • Damen Student Center - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • Information Commons - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • Simpson Living Learning Center - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • Sullivan Center for Student Services - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • University Mailroom - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
    • Baumhart Hall - 1st Floor, Water Tower Campus
    • Corboy Law Center - Lower Level, Water Tower Campus
    • Corboy Law Center - Lewis Library Room 625, Water Tower Campus

The Office of the Bursar cashier accepts checks only, and there is a $50.00 minimum required in order to process.

Students caught using another individual's Rambler Card will have the case submitted to Judicial Affairs for consideration. If criminal intent or behavior is suspected, Campus Safety may investigate further.

Alumni Cards are issued through the Alumni Community. Please contact 312-915-7660, or luc-alum@luc.edu

  • Keep your card away from keys and key chains
  • Avoid exposing your card to water
  • Avoid contact with other magnetic objects
  • Keep your card in your wallet or purse (for best protection)

If you are experiencing any problems with your Campus Card, please let us know: Report a Problem.


Campus Card Office
6339 N. Sheridan Road, Sullivan Center, Rm. 198 · Lake Shore Campus · Phone: (773) 508-2273
25 E. Pearson Street, Corboy Law Center, Lobby · Water Tower Campus · Phone: (312) 915-7756

Notice of Non-discriminatory Policy