Frequently Asked Questions
- What does my campus card allow me to do?
The campus card is a photo identification card for all members of the University community. It enables building and library access and can be used to pay for dining, books, printing, parking, vending, along with many other services. Additionally, the campus card grants access to Halas Sports Center and Campus Library borrowing privileges.
- Can I change my meal plan?
Yes, meal plan change requests are accepted each semester. Please be aware of the deadlines for such change requests. Students who wish to change their meal plan can visit the Forms page to do so. The Campus Card Office or the Department of Residence Life can assist with specific meal plan questions or direct you as needed.
- What do I do if I lose my campus card?
Immediately suspend usage on your card at the Online Card Office or by contacting the Campus Card Office at 773-508-CARD. A stop will be placed on your campus card accounts. A new campus card can be issued for a $25.00 replacement fee at either of our office locations.
- Is it possible to deactivate my campus card if I do not plan to use it for a period?
- If I have a problem with Meal Plans, Rambler Bucks or Printing funds, where can I go for assistance?
The Campus Card Office can assist in troubleshooting issues with Meal Plans, Rambler Bucks, or Printing funds.
Problems with printing stations should be addressed with the appropriate computer lab personnel, particularly for for print refunds requests.
- What if I cannot access the libraries, my residence hall, or other designated building?
The Department of Campus Safety can assist with ensuring that your building access to the libraries, residence hall, or other designated building is correct.
The Campus Card Office can assist in ensuring that the card itself is functioning properly.
- If I want to pay for my parking in advance where can I get assistance?
The Parking Office can assist with advance payment for parking. If you'd like to apply for a parking permit please visit Parking Services.
- How can I add Rambler Bucks to my campus card?
Rambler Bucks can be added in three forms:
- With a credit card at the Online Card Office (https://luc.netcardmanager.com)
- With check at the Bursar's Office (minimum of $50.00):
Lakeshore Campus: Sullivan Center, Suite 190
Water Tower Campus: Corboy Law Center, Lobby
- With cash at a ValuePort Locations:
- Centennial Forum Student Union, Lakeshore Campus
- Cudahy Library, Lakeshore Campus
- Information Commons, 1st floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Simpson Living Learning Center, Lakeshore Campus
- Sullivan Center for Student Services, Lakeshore Campus
- University Mailroom, Lakeshore Campus
- 25 E. Pearson - Lower Level, Water Tower Campus
- 25 E. Pearson - Room 625, Lewis Library, Water Tower Campus
- What is the minimum deposit of Rambler Bucks at the Office of the Bursar?
The Office of the Bursar cashier accepts checks only, and there is a $50.00 minimum required in order to process.
- Are there consequences for using a campus card belonging to another member of the LUC community?
Students caught using another individual's campus card will have the case submitted to Judicial Affairs for consideration. If criminal intent or behavior is suspected, Campus Safety may investigate further.
- Can alumni get a campus card?
- How should I maintain my Campus Card?
- Keep your card away from keys and key chains
- Avoid exposing your card to water
- Avoid contact with other magnetic objects
- Keep your card in your wallet or purse (for best protection)
If you are experiencing any problems with your Campus Card, please let us know: Report a Problem.