Events and Guidelines
Events for Lent
- Catholic Liturgies (view the entire list of Catholic liturgy services during Lent here)
- Taize Ecumenical Prayer: Wednesdays at 9:30 PM in Madonna della Strada Chapel
- Soup and Substance: Fridays, March 14 through April 11. 11 AM to 2 PM, Damen 217. Meal of soup and bread. Speaker each week.
- Scrutiny Prayers for those preparing for Baptism: March 23, March 30, and April 6 during the 9 PM mass in Madonna della Strada chapel
- Stations of the Cross, March 21 and April 5 at 5:15 PM at Madonna della Strada Chapel
- Lenten Prayer Series: Wednesdays of Lent, 7 PM to 8 PM, Damen 217
Guidelines for Lent
Many Christians fast by "giving up" something for Lent, attend special worship services and donate time or money to help the poor. Catholics who are 14 years and older must abstain from meat (e.g. beef, chicken, etc.) every Friday during Lent. Eggs and dairy products are permitted.