Don't walk alone, call 8-RIDE instead.
8-7433 on-campus, or 773-508-7433 off-campus
Hours of operation when school is in session:
Regular service: Monday-Sunday 6:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
(Last call taken at 2:15 a.m.)
Extended Hours: 2:30 a.m. - 4 a.m.
(Last call taken at 3:45 a.m.)
Click on these links for more detailed 8-RIDE service information.
8-RIDE is busiest Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights, and inclement weather. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and be prepared to wait longer, up to 20-30 minutes. Please do not keep calling back to check on the status of your ride, as it will only tie up the dispatchers and slow down the service.
Our goal is provide prompt, safe, and quality service.
Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is NOT acceptable.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students, faculty and staff only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop off and pick up locations are: private residences, Walgreens, and CTA stops.
- 8-RIDE starts taking calls at 6:30 p.m.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
8-RIDE Service Boundaries:
- North - Touhy Avenue
- West - Clark Street
- South - Thorndale Avenue
- East - Lake Michigan