8-Ride General Information
Don't walk alone, call 8-RIDE instead.
8-7433 on-campus, or 773-508-7433 off-campus
For transportation from the Lake Shore Campus to your place of residence, and from your residence back to campus, this service is provided to all current students who live within the boundaries shown below. The 8-Ride service is for your protection and safety. The 8-Ride service is not available to guests of Loyola students or other university visitors.
The 8-Ride is busiest during Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights, and inclement weather. Please be patient, plan your trip accordingly, and be prepared to wait longer, up to 20-30 minutes. Please do not keep calling back to check on the status of your ride, as it will only tie up the dispatchers and slow down the service even more.
Our goal is to provide prompt, safe, and quality service. Please assist us by following these 8-RIDE rules:
- You must present a valid Loyola ID to the driver in order to use the service. U-Pass or Drivers License is not acceptable.
- The 8-RIDE service is available for current students, faculty and staff only.
- You may transport as much luggage or groceries as you can fit on your lap.
- Transporting alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- No loud talking on cell phones inside the van.
- Hoyne Field pick-ups are only during practices or games.
- Animals are not allowed in the vans.
- During busy times, drivers will wait for only three minutes for passenger pick-up.
- Treat your driver with respect.
- Profanity is unacceptable.
- Off-campus drop-off and pick-up locations are: private residences, Dominicks, Walgreens and CTA stops.
- 8-RIDE starts taking calls at 6:30 p.m.; last call is taken at 2:15 a.m.
Anyone not following the rules of 8-RIDE will be reported to Judicial Affairs and appropriate action will be taken.
The hours of operation when school is in session are as follows: Monday through Sunday from 6:30 p.m. The last call is taken at 2:15 a.m.
8-Ride Service Boundaries:
- North - Touhy Avenue
- West - Clark Street
- South - Thorndale Avenue
- East - Lake Michigan
Students will be transported to and from the Lake Shore Campus only. Services are provided from campus to your place of residence and vice versa. This service will operate on two routes, one servicing points North of Loyola Avenue and one servicing points South of Loyola Avenue. The North Campus pick up and drop off location is the Centennial Forum Student Union. The South Campus pick up and drop off location is the Main Parking Structure.