Job Shadow Program
The Career Development Center is proud of our annual Job Shadow Program which is offered to all undergraduate students. A job-shadowing experience is a one day opportunity for students to gain understanding of a business, industry, and/or job function, to ask questions, and to observe day to day business operations. It also encourages students, alumni, and organizations to forge strong and valuable connections. The Job Shadow Program is not for academic credit and students are not compensated, but the experience is beneficial to both students and hosts.
The 2016 Job Shadow Program is scheduled during fall break, October 10-11, 2016.
- Student Criteria for Selection and Participation
- Application Process and Timeline
- Typical Job Shadow Day Activities and Sample Questions
- Student Job Shadow Guide - How to create a job shadow opportunity on your own
Past Job Shadow Hosts:
- CAIR-Chicago (Council on American-Islamic Relations)
- Guerrero Howe
- National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) - A Heartland Alliance Program
- Northwest Community Hospital Medical Group
- Rivet Radio
- WMS/Scientific Games Interactive
If you are an employer interested in participating in the Job Shadow Program, please fill out the following Employer Participant Form:
https://luc-csm.symplicity.com/surveys/JobShadow16 or contact Marty Gahbauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.508.2895.