Resources Related to Education and academia
In addition to its many services and resources, the Career Development Center has identified a number of external websites that may be of help to you in your career planning or job search. The links below are just a sampling of what is available on the Internet. http://chronicle.com/myaccount/newsletters
- ABC Teaching Jobs - K-12 teaching positions.
- American Association for Employment in Education Professional Association offering job search tools for member
- The Archdiocese of Chicago - teaching positions at Catholic Schools in Chicago
- Catholic Source - Teaching/administrative positions at Catholic Schools; membership needed to apply.
- Careers at CPS - positions in the Chicago Public Schools
- Education Placement Service - teaching positions throughout the US
- GreatTeacher.net - Website portal dedicated to the sharing of resources and information about the field of education and teaching.
- H-Net Job Guide - academic position listings in History and the Humanities, the Social Sciences, and Rhetoric and Composition, and serves a broad audience of administrators, faculty members, archivists, librarians, and other professionals in the humanities and social sciences.
- Illinois Association of School Administrators Job Bank - job search tool for education jobs.
- Illinois Association of School Board's Members Directory - Provides the district name, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and the names of school board members and the superintendent for each of 856 member school districts. Direct links to school district home pages are also provided, where available.
- Illinois Teaching Jobs - Defaults to jobs in Illinois but can be used to search for positions elsewhere in the US. Position categorized as well as keyword searches are available.
- Illinois School Counselor Association - Jobs, Certification, Resources, Newsletter, etc.
- New Leaders for New Schools - organization that attracts, prepares, and supports individuals to become the next generation of schol leaders; especially for principals in urban public schools
- SchoolSpring.com - Job search tool for education-related jobs
- Teaching Jobs - job search tool for education-related jobs
- University of Northern Iowa-sponsors of Overseas Job Fair - International recruiting services for education-related jobs.
- Academic 360.com - Collection of internet resources that have been gathered for the academic job hunter.
- Academic Careers - Global academic job site for teaching, education, research, and professional jobs in education and academia.
- American Association for Employment in Education Professional Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education - Informational hub that offers news, forums, and job listings in the Higher Education field. Subscribe to their e-mailed newsletter Wired Campus to keep up with the latest articles and blogs.
- Greater Chicago HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- HigherEdJobs.com - Higher Education job listings by categories; includes career articles
- PostDocMe Worldwide academic listings
- TedJobs.com Top Education Jobs
Alternative Teaching Certificate Programs
- Academy for Urban School Leadership - Chicago-based program offering MAT and Illinois Certification in exchange for 5-year commitment to high-need Chicago Public Schools.
- Chicago Teaching Fellows - The Chicago Teaching Fellows program provides a pathway for outstanding individuals to become teachers in Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and to significantly impact the academic achievement of our city’s children.
- Teach for America - Recruits outstanding recent college graduates from all backgrounds and career interests to commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools. They provide the training and ongoing support necessary to ensure their success as teachers in low-income communities.
- Inner City Teaching Corps - ICTC supports developing teachers with a highly regarded professional development training program that guides, supports, and rewards Volunteer Teaching Corps and UNITE members as they teach in the inner-city and earn their Alternative Teacher Certification degree from Northwestern University.