Resources Related to Government, Public Service & Law Enforcement
In addition to its many services and resources, the Career Development Center has identified a number of external websites that may be of help to you in your career planning or job search. The links below are just a sampling of what is available on the Internet. Be sure to check our General Job Sites website as well.
- 911HotJobs - Law enforcement, police, nursing, fire fighter, EMT, Paramedic, dispatcher, corrections jobs as well as online tests and test materials, and forums
- Criminal Justice Careers & Education - Resources including excellent descriptions of careers in Criminal Justice.
- FBI Employment - FBI jobs and internships, career decriptions, background investigation, FAQ's, Life at the FBI, podcasts, and morebr>
- Washington DC Job Source: Federal Government Jobs - links to federal agencies and government personnel sites and jobs at individual agencies.
- USA.gov: Government Made Easy - Jobs, Education & Volunteerim. Opportunity listings, List of government agencies, blogs, plus loads of government information.
- Making The Difference - Each week features hot entry-level jobs and internships in the Federal Government, along with access to thousands of federal jobs and internships, information about working for the government, and how to apply for positions.
- LawEnforcementJobs.com - provides professionals with job ads and career opportunities, valuable news and advice specific to their profession, and a variety of tools to market themselves and manage their job search.
- Library of Congress - offers many exciting opportunities for those seeking employment, internships or fellowships, or volunteer positions. Learn about all of these opportunities and working for the federal government
- StudentJobs.gov - official jobsite of the Federal government. In addition to over 20,000 studente mployment opportunities, the site valuable job experience, includes agency information and links, and simple instructions on applying for jobs in the federal government
- The Blue Line -Police and firefighter jobs and resources.
- USAJobs - official job site of the Federal Government, and a one-stop site for jobs, career information, forms, career information, hiring process, and other resources
- State Dept. Summer Internship Program - general information, events, career resources, and opportunities
- U.S. State Dept. Office Recruitment - general information, events, career resources, and opportunities
- U.S. Government Manual - As the official handbook of the Federal Government, the United States Government Manual provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches. It also includes information on quasi-official agencies, international organizations in which the United States participates, and boards, commissions, and committees.