Since fall of 2012, the Wellness Center has been working to develop an innovative mobile application for the Loyola community to use around dating violence, stalking, and sexual assault – and it is now complete and available on the app store for downloading! Take a moment to become familiar with this application named "Here for You”. Through this application students can connect to gender-based violence services and resources on campus and in Chicago from their mobile devices, in a personal, private way. The "Here for You" mobile application gives users:
- Definitions dating violence, stalking and sexual assault
- A way to navigate campus services, resources and reporting options around dating violence, stalking and sexual assault on campus and in Chicago
- Information about Chicago services and resources around dating violence, stalking and sexual assault with interactive maps
- Tips on how to help a friend who has experienced dating violence, stalking or sexual assault
- Information about the state-by-state resources for students to access when they are home over breaks
The “Here for You” application is a comprehensive, interactive tool to get resources into the hands of students. Loyola University Chicago continuously works to establish a survivor-friendly campus. With the release of this innovative application, we are taking monumental steps in the right direction to achieving this goal. Download the application today!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Stephanie Atella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2009-WA-AX-0020 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.