Collaboration In Learning
Objectives of the Program:
Through a year-long series of activities and events to
- Spotlight the many outstanding examples of excellent teaching on the part of Loyola’s faculty
- Encourage further refinements in teaching approaches, strategies and activities
- Provide resources and assistance to faculty seeking increased teaching excellence.
TARGETS: A focus on the ultimate purpose and objective of education, clarifying the connection between content (something to communicate) and pedagogy (skillful approaches to communicating it).
TECHNIQUES; A focus on concrete resources that can assist faculty in succeeding in education, including assistance in working with various sizes of classes, differing learning styles, and unequal student motivations.
INSPIRATION: Discussions of education can become cold and off-putting. We want to highlight the many stories of success already present on our campus, to maintain a positive, affirming, celebratory tone
While seeking to pursue these three focuses, all the activities will be constructed under four headings:
- Planning and Preparing Courses
- Best Practices in the Classroom
- Best Practices outside the Classroom
- Confirming and Communicating Student Success
Program Steering Committee
- Frank Catania
- Mary Ann McDermott
- Tim O’Connell
- Carol Scheidenhelm