Day of the Ceremony Instructions
- Graduates attending the ceremony should arrive for check-in on the 2nd floor of the Damen Student Center in Schmidt Hall between 8–10:30 a.m.
- Academic apparel will be distributed in Schmidt Hall on the 2nd floor of the Damen Student Center. Graduates should wear their caps and gowns to the ceremony, carrying their hoods draped over one arm. All graduates will hood themselves during the ceremony when instructed.
- At check-in you will receive a seating card. This card will be your ticket into Gentile Arena and will be used to read your name as you cross the stage.
- After check in, graduates should proceed to the Gentile Arena and be seated by 10:45 a.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 11 a.m. and end at approximately 12:30 p.m.
- No guests will be allowed on the 2nd floor of the Damen Student Center in Schmidt Hall. Guests should proceed directly to Gentile Arena.
- Purses and other items should be given to someone in your guest party to hold during the ceremony, since there will be no area to store these items nor will you return to the same seat after crossing the stage.
- The doors to the Gentile Arena will open one hour prior to the start of the commencement ceremony. Guests who arrive late will be asked to wait outside until the processional has been completed. Guests will not be admitted during the invocation or speeches.