Community Parking Program
Beginning September 1, 2013
Loyola University Chicago, in its ongoing efforts to be good neighbors, proposes the following program in response to select Edgewater residents who are concerned with the loss of street parking due to the closure of Kenmore Avenue and eventual closure of Winthrop Avenue, between Sheridan Road and Rosemont Avenue.
Eligibility: Residents who reside in condominium buildings, apartment buildings or private homes within Loyola serviced boundaries in the Rogers Park and Edgewater communities. The serviced boundaries are East to Lake Michigan, South to Glenlake Ave, West to Glenwood Avenue, and North to Pratt Blvd.
Availability and Location of Parking: Parking for this program is available in the Main Structure located at 1110 W. Sheridan Rd. The University Community Guest permits are only valid M-F, 5 p.m. – 2 a.m., and Sat-Sun, 5 a.m. – 2 a.m. The University has the right to suspend permit distribution at any time; this includes but is not limited to events, holidays, and other dates with conflicting University parking needs. Consideration of passes given is based upon parking availability and demand.
2014 Parking Black Out Dates
Weekend of Excellence - Honors Reception and Dinner
Saturday, April 12, 6:00-9:00 PM
NCAA Volleyball Championship
Thursday, May 1 and Saturday, May 3 - All Day
Wednesday, May 7 through Saturday, May 10
Saturday, May 17
Alumni Weekend and Founders Dinner
Friday, June 27 through Sunday, June 29
- Eligible residents must visit the Loyola University office of Community Relations at 6439 N Sheridan Road, Suite 220 during regular business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F). They must provide valid and current (within the last 30 days) proof of residency within the eligibility area.
- Eligible residents must complete a short registration form indicating the date and times of their parking request. To save time, please complete the Community Parking Form in advance.
- The eligible resident will be issued a parking Exit ticket to the university parking structure. Each ticket will be valid for 1 Exit only.
- The eligible resident will also be issued a dated “Community Guest Parking” placard for their car windshield.
- There will be no fee collected by the university for this guest parking program.
- Guest parkers should be mindful and obey all signage and pre-reserved spots within the garage for departments, admissions, facilities and any handicapped spaces that will require a valid Secretary of State handicapped parking permit.
- Guest parkers are reminded that no vehicle may be left in the parking deck past 2 a.m. or it will be ticketed and towed at owners’ expense.
- The Community Parking Permit must be hung from the vehicle rearview mirror, facing out.
- Guest parkers are subject to all Loyola University Chicago transportation vehicle and traffic regulations found here: http://luc.edu/campustransportation/policiesandregulations/vehicles/
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
6330 N Sheridan Road, 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60626