Constructed in 1969, Mertz is named in honor of Reverend James J. Mertz, S.J. Father Mertz joined the Loyola faculty in 1922, teaching ancient Greek and Roman civilization. He also played a large role in building Madonna della Strada Chapel. Mertz Hall/Centennial Forum now houses a residence hall, student activities, offices and the Kathleen Mullady Theatre. Fr. Mertz passed away in 1979, after having served as a faculty member for almost 60 years.
The traditional style hall features large windows with magnificent views of the lake and the city. The student rooms and public areas were renovated in the early 2000’s, and all floor bathrooms were completely overhauled in 2010 and 2011. Lounges are available on every floor. All rooms, lounges, and hallways are carpeted. Laundry facilities are available in the building.
|Address||1125 W. Loyola Ave.|
|Dining||No dining facility located in building, however Damen Dining Hall is located across the courtyard|
|Room types||Singles, doubles and Quads|
|Front Desk||24-hour monitored and staffed security desk; ID entry required|
|Beds||Bunkable**, Loftable (Singles only), extra-long twin beds 85.5”L x 36”W x 36”H|