Regis Hall is named after Regis University, another Jesuit University, in Denver, Colorado. Regis University, founded in 1877 in Las Vegas, New Mexico, moved to Colorado in 1884. Its original Colorado home was in Morrison, but when John Brisben Walker, an entrepreneur developer, offered the Jesuits a plot of land in 1887, the permanent home was established for Regis University. In solidarity and unification, most residence halls on Loyola’s campus share names of Jesuit Universities.
Regis is located on the southwest side of the Lake Shore Campus. TV lounges are available on each floor, and community kitchenettes with refrigerators, stove tops, ovens, and microwaves were added to each floor in summer 2013. Lounges and hallways are carpeted, while rooms have wood-look faux vinyl flooring. Each room contains a wardrobe and laundry facilities are located in the building.
|Street Address||6340 N. Winthrop Ave.|
|Bathrooms||1 private bath per room|
|Dining||Simpson Dining is located across the street|
|Room types||Singles and doubles|
|Front Desk||24-hour monitored and staffed security desk; ID entry required|
|Beds||Bunkable**, extra-long twin beds 85.5”L x 36”W x 36”H|