Advanced Placement Summer Institute
for Secondary School Teachers
Loyola University's 2013 Advanced Placement Summer Institute will be conducted on our Lakeshore Campus in Chicago, Illinois July 8-12, 2013.
Each workshop will be led by College Board-certified AP consultants and will provide participants with the experiences necessary to successfully teach an advanced placement course in their discipline. Workshop activities will include:
- Creation of an Advanced Placement program in the participant's area of expertise
- Review of past AP examinations and scoring rubrics
- Guidance for teaching critical concepts
- Development of successful AP assignments
- Hands-on laboratory experience for science AP workshops
- Hands-on experience in all mathematics workshops
- Opportunities to network with other AP teachers
Loyola's AP Summer Institute is officially endorsed by the Midwest Regional Office the College Board and is run by Loyola's Center for Science and Math Education.