E. Samples of Students' Work
- Curriculum Structure & Emphasis
- Support for Teachers
- Technology & Materials
- Earth & Environmental Science in Inquiry to Build Content
- Samples of Student Work
- Teacher Prespectives
- Record of Support in Urban Districts
Inquiry to Build Content involves a structured inquiry method for laboratory work, called the Science Writing Heuristic, which:
- focuses students on collecting data that answer specific questions they pose, and
- assists them in making summary observations and formulating their own claims based on evidence.
Sample of student’s writing from laboratory work in a 9th grade Inquiry to Build Content classroom (2006).