Community Needs and Inventory Assesment
- Report: "Anawim Community Dispersion and Needs Assessment Study" (View PowerPoint presentation)
Bethel New Life -- Community Demographic Analysis
- A report was produced
- Graduate fellow was hired as director of research at Bethel
Bethel New Life -- Land Ownership Inventory
- An expanded housing property database
The Gap Report
- Report documenting areas of reduced inequality as well as other areas of persistent inequality. "Minding the Gap: Closing the Gap to Create a Just and Equal Society"
Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance
- "Consumer Study of Current and Potential Users of Garfield Park Conservatory"
Latino Voter Registration Project
- Report "Latino Electoral and Non-electoral Political Participation: Findings from the 1996 Chicago Latino Registered Voter Survey"" appeared in Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy
Mayan Immigrants in Chicago
- Expanded advocacy for Mayan populations in Guatemala and Chicago
National Neighborhood Coalition Grassroots Policy
- Report presented to national and local organizations in Washington, DC as the focus of NNC's June 2003 Summit. "The future of grassroots America: Local perspectives on current and emerging issues facing urban, suburban and rural communities"
- Based on the research reported on in the June summit and the additional case studies, NNC completed a final report in December 2003, Neighborhood Voices
Native Americans and Philanthropy
- Report: "Native Gathering: A Meeting with Native American Elders, Activists, Select Funders and Scholars"
Quality Home Child Care Business Feasibility
- In the face of present and future demand for child care with the implementation of welfare reform, the research team is evaluating the barriers to viable, quality home child care businesses in Bronzeville on Chicago's MidSouth Side. An economic model is being developed that seeks to increase the profitability of home child care providers.
SAAPRI Oral History Project