Participatory Evaluation/Community Capacity Building
Abraham Lincoln Centre
- Analysis of client information data gathering and SPSS training for staff
Bethel New Life
- Report: "Documenting the Process and Impact of Bethel New Life's Community Development Efforts in West Garfield Park"
- Report: "Implementing and Outcomes Framework in Community-based Organizations: A Self Directed Guide"
BP/Amoco: Evaluation Projects
- Report: "A Community Needs Assessment Guide: A Brief Guide on How to Conduct a Needs Assessment"
- Multiple evaluation reports for the various community partners
- Developed evaluation "toolkits" for community partners
Breaking the Cycle of Homelessness
- CURL has partnered with Chicago Health Outreach, Deborah's Place and Lakefront SRO
- Report, "Breaking The Cycle of Homelessness Demonstration Project - Evaluation Report"
- Report, "Breaking the Cycle of Homelessness - Policy Report"
Chicago Housing Authority
- Report: "Cabrini-Green HOPE VI Survey" provided to CHA and the Cabrini Local Advisory Council to inform both about Hope VI redevelopment process
- Report: "An Evaluation of Service Use and Satisfaction at Lathrop Homes and Henry Horner Homes"
Cook County Sheriff's Female Furlough Program Evaluation
- Preliminary data provided to Sheriff's office
DCFS Family Centered Services
- Report: "The Family Centered Services Initiative: An Analysis of Two Local Area Networks"
EDGE/UP School-to-Work Program
- Report: "EDGE/UP School-to-Work Initiative: 1997 Progress Report"
Erie Neighborhood House
- Sara Lee Foundation Chicago Spirit Award recipient
- Developed evaluation and strategic planning process
Every Block a Village Online
- Evaluation report and evaluation protocol delivered to Westside Health Authority
- Project named one of six "Models that Work" in national competition of U.S. Health Department
- Two reports: "Putting Our Values into Action: A Participatory Evaluation"
- "Project Process and Recommendations for a Data Analysis System"
Finding Stability: An Evaluation of Graduates of Chicago Christian Industrial League's Single Adult Program.
Homeless Continuum of Care
- Working document completed
- Completed service provider directory: "The Directory of Service Providers and Community-based Organizations in Rogers Park, Edgewater, and Uptown"
Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Report: "The SECURE Program"
Lao American Community Services
- Survey and analysis of organization’s constituents
The Peace Museum
- Report: "Drive-By Peace Evaluation"
PRIDE Tenant Services Survey
- Report: "The Role of Property Management of PRIDE in Improving the Life of Tenants"
- Report, "Does Providence-St. Mel Make a Difference in the Lives of its Students?- An Alumni Survey"
- A database of alumni was developed
STRIVE/Chicago Employment Service
- Community Fellow supported by CURL and key to research/training
- Report: "A Report on the Collaborative Evaluation of the STRIVE Career Path Project"
- Paper presented at the Institute for Women Policy Research
- Report: "Factors influencing a successful transition from welfare to work"