Chicago Girl's Coalition
- Youth-Led Research on Aggressive Behaviour
Community Outreach Partnership Center: Child Care
- Worked with four child care organization to aid with research needs
- Organized a mini-conference for child care providers in the Edgewater and Rogers Park areas
- Developed a financial management guide for child care providers
- Presented at two Urban Affairs Association conferences
- "Creating Community Connections: A Neighborhood Approach For Improving Early Childhood Education Programs"
Girls Transitioning to Women: Bethany Brethren Community Center (BBCC)
- BBCC is a small church-based social service agency located in East Garfield Park serving primarily children and teen girls in after school programs. In order to re-establish Girls Transitioning to Women (GTW), BBCC sought to conduct a needs assessment. Yolanda Moore, the coordinator of the teen girls' program, was awarded a CURL Community Fellowship and has worked closely with CURL to train the girls to conduct the survey and analyze the results
Howard Area Alternative High School Accreditation
- Community Fellow Pam Smith wrote report for state accreditation
- School accredited
Leadership Conference Education Fund Program Evaluation
- Anticipated Outcomes: A report evaluating the program will be produced to be used for future planning endeavors
Needs Assesment of the Street Interventions Program
North of Howard Development Project
- Research provided youth feedback to park planning
- Park completed in 2001
- Produced curriculum for after-school program to increase literacy
- Operates in 6 school on south and west sides
Passport to Chicago Community Network
Peer Intervention in Risk-Taking Behavior among Teenagers
- Report: "Maneuvering Multiple Risks: Preventing Health Compromising Behavior in Urban Pre-adolescents"
Psychological Assessment Practices
- Faculty Fellow Pam Fenning developed a written interview procedure to increase involvement of parents in school staffing of their children
- Report: "A Comparative Analysis of Existing Secondary School Districts"
St. Gregory’s School (Dept. of Communication)
- Developed course to introduce students to the role of communications in society
Teen Leadership Training and Evaluation
- Working document completed
YMCA Mentoring Program Evaluation
- Collaboration between WLUW and various youth orgs to produce youth designed and produced radio shows
Youth Voices in Policy (Youth VIP)
- The goal of the project was to develop a model of youth engagement to increase the effectiveness of young adults' participation in community problem solving and integrate these local efforts into a national policy discussion.
- Among its products was the development of "Girl Driven Research Project", a manual on Youth-driven research which grew from a research collaboration between Girl World, a project of Alternatives, Inc. and CURL.