Political Parties and Democracy
1) Understand the concept of political parties
2) Understand the connection between political parties and public
3) Pursue web-based research of basic terms and concepts
1) Web access for online projects and research
2) Surveys and handouts
1) Group Activity 1: "Who Supports What?"
SUMMARY of the LESSON
This lesson will introduce the importance of political
parties. It reviews what a political party is and what it means to identify
with a political party. This unit explains the role of political parties
in our system of government and what they do. Finally, this unit introduces
an exercise to help students identify the ideological positions of the
major political parties.