Timothy Kane, M.F.A.
Title/s: Instructor of Theatre
Office #: Mundelein 1304
Timothy Edward Kane is an actor and part-time faculty member at Loyola University Chicago. Originally from Carmel, IN, he earned his MFA from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL and his BS from Ball State University.
Upcoming projects include a remounting of Court Theatre’s successful production of Dennis O’Hare and Lisa Peterson’s one-person adaptation of An Iliad at Court Theatre. Recent credits include: the Midwest premiere of Blood and Gifts (Timeline Theatre Company), Hamlet (Writers’ Theatre),Timon of Athens and A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Chicago Shakespeare Theatre) and An Iliad (Court Theatre). Other Chicago credits include: The Illusion, Wild Duck, Titus Andronicus, Uncle Vanya, The Romance Cycleand Hamlet (Court Theatre), Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Arms and the Man (Writers’ Theatre), The North Plan (Steppenwolf Garage: 1stLook Rep), The Miser, She Stoops to Conquer (Northlight Theatre), and more than a dozen productions at Chicago Shakespeare including: The Comedy of Errors, A Flea in Her Ear, Henry IV Parts 1 & 2 (CST and at the Royal Shakespeare Company, Stratford-Upon-Avon). Regional credits include: The Mark Taper Forum, Notre Dame Shakespeare, Peninsula Players and the Illinois Shakespeare Festival. TV: Chicago Fire.
M.F.A., Northern Illinois University
- Chicago Magazine's Best Actor of the Year, 2012
- Joseph Jefferson Award- Best Solo Performance: An Illiad, 2012
- Chicago Tribune: One of the Ten Best Performances of the Year: An Illiad, 2011
- TIme Out Chicago: One of the Ten Best Plays of the Year: An Illiad, 2011
- Gay Chicago Magazine's After Dark Award- Best Performance: She Stoops to Conquer, 2007