Theatre - Advising
Declaring a Major or Minor
Students who wish to major or minor in Theatre should make an appointment with the Director of Theatre, Mark Lococo. The Director will help work out a schedule, assign an advisor in the student’s area of study, and answer any questions the student may have.
A word of advice to all majors: Take THTR 203: Dramatic Structure and Theatrical Process first, as this course is the prerequisite to all areas of study within the major. Sequenced courses (i.e. those labeled with I, II, or III) should be taken in order. See your advisor or the Director if your schedule cannot be worked out in a logical sequence.
Click here for the complete list of Theatre courses at Loyola.
Click here for the Theatre major tracking sheet.
Click here for the Theatre minor tracking sheet.
Credits needed to complete Major: 47
Credits needed to complete Minor: 21
Substitutions may be allowed when timely fulfillment of the requirements for the major is
impossible, but you must see the Director for permission.
Independent Study/Rehearsal & Performance/Practicum in Design Student Agreement Form
Rome Center or study abroad
Caution: There are no theatre courses offered at Rome Center, with the exception of THTR 154 Introduction to Opera, a course cross-listed with Music.
Study abroad courses require prior approval in order to count for the major.
Submit a course description and syllabus (if possible), so the Director can determine if the course is equivalent to a major/minor requirement.
Summer courses at other schools require prior approval to count for the major. There should be a good reason to take it elsewhere, for example, if the student is close to graduation. Submit a course description and syllabus (if possible) so the Director can determine if the course is equivalent to a major/minor requirement.
The DFPA has spent the last few weeks finalizing the spring 2014 class schedule and we’re ready for a great semester with all of you. In order to ensure you make the most out of registration, we’ve compiled some helpful tips and tricks.
- Our main office is open Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM. You can reach us on the twelfth floor of Mundelein in Suite 1200 (the office suite to the left of the elevators, past the restrooms). Our main office line is 773.508.7510 or DFPA@LUC.edu.
- Your academic advisor is listed in LOCUS and you should have scheduled an appointment by now to speak with your advisor. If you need assistance with advising, please contact DFPA@LUC.edu.
- First and Second Year Advising has amassed tons of helpful documents and materials for you to peruse on their website. Check it out! They also offer Walk-In Advising from 9AM-3PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Academic information about each of our programs (including up-to-date tracking sheets) are located on our website. Additionally, contact information for our faculty members is available for your convenience.
- Have any general questions about the department or our classes? Feel free to contact our Office Assistant, James Dunford. He can be reached at 773.508.3830.