Applying for a Digital Media Services Position
Digital Media Services (DMS) is a fast-paced environment with many opportunities to learn different technologies, as well as interact with a number of different clients on a daily basis. DMS does not require Federal Work Study (FWS) as a requirement for employment; however, if offered a position and the candidate is eligible, FWS will be applied. Interested undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply following these steps:
Step 1 - Electronically Complete Your Application
Download and complete a copy of our our application: AY2015-2016 DMS Job Application Form . This requires a copy of your resume and a current class schedule. Cover letters are welcome but not required. In efforts to reduce paper waste, the application is available as an interactive PDF form, all sections may be completed and submitted electronically.
Step 2 - Submit Your Application Online
Email your complete application with inclusion of your resume and class schedule to email@example.com with "Digital Media Advisor Application" in the subject.
Once we have received your application and documents in full, we will reply in a timely manner detailing next steps. If we indicate we are not hiring at the time of your submission, we will retain your application and contact you for an interview if vacancies become available for up to one academic year. If you have any questions regarding positions available in Digital Media Services, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!
Student Worker Positions
The following student worker positions are available in Digital Media Services:
Digital Media Advisor
Our student workers are expected to be highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Students that have been successful in our Advisor roles have:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a professional environment;
- Experience with digital media hardware (cameras, camcorders, audio equipment);
- Experience in video editing, graphic design and Adobe/Apple products; and
- Previous experience working in a technical and/or leadership roles.
A Digital Media Advisor position includes the following responsibilities:
- (40%) Circulate equipment to clients from our Equipment Loan Program;
- (25%) Assist campus users in the Multimedia and Digital Media Labs with projects, software and hardware support;
- (10%) Process poster printing, issue guest internet access accounts, document lost media devices and other service requests;
- (10%) Provide equipment consultations and training for clients in the Digital Media Labs;
- (05%) Assist with monitoring, support and maintenance of Multimedia and Digital Media Labs;
- (05%) Serve as a resource for departments, organizations and other clients in person, online and via the phone;
- (05%) Assist with Digital Media Services projects and documentation initiatives; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Media Services leadership team.
In addition to position responsibilities, all Digital Media student workers are expected to:
- Provide customer service and support regarding digital media and other technologies in line with the University (Maroon & Gold Standards of Excellence), Division, Area and Unit customer service standards;
- Maintain a minimum of 12hrs/week on a permanent basis; with at least two shifts that meet requirements based on opening/closing, weekend or WTC shifts; as well as overnights as needed.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with students, faculty and staff, both verbally and in writing;
- Solve practical problems and address a variety of situations that may arise in working with a diverse set of technologies using available resources;
- Troubleshoot and find resolutions to multimedia, software and equipment issues; and
- Adhere to and follow confidentiality agreements and standards for handling information and data.