STARS (Students Together Are Reaching Success) Program
Loyola Class of 2017
- Looking for opportunities to meet other freshmen at Loyola?
- Wondering what campus resources are available to support your transition to college?
- Curious about what college life is really like?
STARS (Students Together Are Reaching Success) is a peer mentorship and college success program that connects first-year students with successful upperclassmen for one-on-one and group mentoring. Students also have the opportunity to attend social & cultural events, participate in workshops on academic success, and be part of experiences to enhance their leadership skills.
Students who identify with either of the following backgrounds are especially encouraged to join STARS:
- First-generation college students (i.e., first in their family to attend college)
- Students of color (i.e., African American/Black, Arab American, Asian American, Latino/a, Middle Eastern, Native American, Pacific Islander, or multiracial students)
Download the STARS Information Flyer (PDF), to share with friends, classmates, and family members!
The Mentee Experience
As a mentee of the STARS program, you will:
- Be matched with a current Loyola student who will serve as your mentor throughout your first year in college. You’ll interact with your mentor on a weekly basis for one-on-one & group mentoring sessions.
- Attend monthly social activities, cultural events, and educational workshops specifically designed for STARS mentees to meet other first-year students and learn about resources for college success.
- Join a community of nearly 200 former STARS mentees who are still undergraduates on campus, in addition to a network of Loyola alumni who have participated in STARS over the past 25 years
- Be eligible to apply for a scholarship award to cover a portion of tuition costs for the spring semester. Scholarship recipients also have the opportunity to participate in activities to enhance leadership skills.
Ready to sign up?
Complete a registration form at http://bit.ly/joinSTARS13. Forms will be accepted throughout the summer.
Note: There is no fee to join the STARS program. For more information, please contact Joseph Saucedo at email@example.com.