Faculty and Staff Directory
Boyle, Michael J.
Title/s: Clinical Assistant Professor;
Director, Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education (GCCE)
Specialty Area: Special Education in Catholic school settings, Principal Preparation
Office #: Lewis Towers 601G, WTC
CV Link: Boyle-CV
Michael J. Boyle is the Assistant Director of the Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education t Loyola University Chicago. Dr. Boyle has worked in education in a variety of settings and roles. As a school psychologist at both the high school and elementary levels, he worked with students across a broad range of areas of exceptionality. He has also served as a special education administrator in several public school districts. Additionally, Dr. Boyle also served as principal in a large Catholic elementary school. Dr. Boyle was recently named the 2014 recipient of the C. Albert Koob Merit Award from the National Catholic Education Association for significant contributions to Catholic education.
Presently, Dr. Boyle is the author of the “Sustaining Outstanding Schools” column, published in the NCEA Notes newsletter. He also served on the governing board of Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice. The National Catholic Education Association published Dr. Boyle’s book, Response to Intervention: A Framework for Catholic Schools, in April 2010. He has also contributed a chapter to the recently published book, "Scholarly Essays on Catholic School Leadership: Research and Insights on Attaining the Mission of Catholic Schools" (NCEA, 2012).
Dr. Boyle has provided professional development programs to a number of Catholic schools and across the country in the areas of multi-tiered systems of support differentiation, school-based problem solving teams, and leadership development. Within the School of Education, Dr. Boyle teaches courses in multi-tiered systems of support, mission driven leadership and ethics.
Ph.D. Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Administration & Supervision
- Superintendent Endorsement
- Inclusive Practices in Catholic Schools
- Catholic school leadership development
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Governing Board for Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice (2011-2013)
- CIEP 431 Three Tiered Prevention: Advanced Primary Supports
- CIEP 432 Three Tiered Prevention: Secondary and Tertiary Supports
- ELPS 481 Mission Driven Leadership
- 2014 C. Albert Koob OPraem Merit Award -National Catholic Educational Association
- Boyle, M. (2012) LES is More: Developing and Delivering Effective Professional Development to Faculty and Staff in Scholarly Essays on Catholic School Leadership (Robey, P. ed) Washington, DC: National Catholic Education Association.
- Boyle, M (2010) Response to intervention: A blueprint for Catholic schools. Washington, DC: National Catholic Education Association.
- Boyle, M. (2010) Developing and sustaining leaders for Catholic Schools: A summary of the conference proceedings of the second Catholic Higher Education Collaborative conference. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice.