Faculty and Staff Directory
Terri Pigott is a Professor of Research Methodology in the School of Education at Loyola University Chicago. She served as Interim Dean and then Dean since November 2014. Prior to Loyola, she was Associate Program Officer at the Spencer Foundation in Chicago. Dr. Pigott is the former co-Chair and current co-Editor of the Methods Group of the Campbell Collaboration, an international collaboration supporting the production of systematic reviews of social interventions. She has numerous publications on methods of meta-analysis, including work on handling missing data and computing power in meta-analysis. She is also interested in outcome reporting bias in education research, and its implications for systematic review. She serves on a number of editorial boards including Psychological Bulletin, Psychological Methods, and Research Synthesis Methods. She is chair of the AERA SIG on Systematic Review and Meta-analysis, and a long-time member of the Society for Research Synthesis Methodology (SRSM).
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Research Methodology
- Power analysis for meta-analysis
- Missing data methods for meta-analysis
- Outcome reporting bias in educational research
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Educational Research Association
- American Psychological Association
- Campbell Collaboration, Methods Group Co-Chair
- Society for Research Synthesis Methodology
- Hedges, L. V., Pigott, T. D., Polanin, J. R., Ryan, A. M., Williams, R. & Tocci, C. (in press). The question of school resources and student achievement: A history and reconsideration. Review of Research in Education: Centennial Edition.
- Polanin, J. & Pigott, T. (2015). The use of meta-analytic statistical significance testing. Research Synthesis Methods, 6, 63-73.
- Pigott, T., & Shepperd, S. (2013). Identifying, documenting, and examining heterogeneity in systematic reviews of complex interventions. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 66(11), 1244-1250.
- Pigott, T. D., Valentine, J. C., Polanin, J., Williams, R. & Canada, D. (2013). Outcome bias in education research. Educational Researcher, 42, 424-432.
- Pigott, T. D., Williams, R., & Polanin, J. (2012). Combining individual participant and aggregated data in a meta-analysis with correlations. Research Synthesis Methods, 3(4), 257-268.
- Pigott, T. D. (2012). Advances in meta-analysis. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag.