Faculty and Staff Directory
Specialty Area: School Psychology
Office #: Lewis Towers 1034, WTC
CV Link: Shriberg-CV
My research and teaching interests center on the application of social justice principles to educational practice. I strive to be a student-centered instructor who both challenges and supports students as they develop as agents of social justice.
Ph.D., Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- School Psychology (Ed.S., Ed.D., Ph.D.)
- Applied social justice
- School/family/community collaboration
- Bullying prevention
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Journal of Educational & Psychological Consultation, Editor
- American Psychological Association, Division 16 (School Psychology),Applying Psychology in the Schools Book Series Editor
- Trainers of School Psychologists (2010-2011), President
- National Association of School Psychologists, Contributing Editor, Communique
- CIEP 462 Seminar in Professional School Psychology
- CIEP 466 Special Topics: Family/School/Community Collaboration
- CIEP 525: Leading for Social Justice in School Psychology
- ELPS 432 Multiculturalism for Social Justice
- Loyola University Chicago, School of Education Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching (2013)
- Shriberg, D., Burns, M. K., Desai, P., Grunewald, S., & Pitt, R. (2015). A multi-year investigation of combating bullying in middle school: Stakeholder perspectives. School Psychology Forum: Research in Practice, 9(2), 143-161
- Shriberg, D., Vera, E., & McPherson, A. C. (in press). Preparing school professionals to deliver services using a social justice framework. Invited chapter to appear in E. C. Lopez, S. G. Nahari, & S. Proctor (Eds.), The handbook of multicultural school psychology (2nd ed.).
- Shriberg, D. & Moy, G. (2014). Best practices in social justice advocacy for school psychologists. In P. L. Harrison & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology VI. Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Moy, G., Briggs, A., Shriberg, D., Jackson, K., Smith, P., & Tompkins, N. (2014). Developing school psychologists as agents of social justice: A qualitative analysis of student understanding across three year. Journal of School Psychology, 52, 323-341. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsp.2014.03.001.
- Shriberg, D., & Desai, P. S. (2014). Bridging social justice and children’s rights to enhance school psychology scholarship and practice. Psychology in the Schools, 51, 3-14. DOI: 10.1002/pits.21737.
- Shriberg, D., Song, S. Y., Miranda, A. H., & Radliff, K. M. (2013). School psychology and social justice: Conceptual foundations and tools for practice. New York: Routledge.
- Shriberg, D., Schumacher, R., McMahon, K., Flores, S., Moy, G., Swidzinski, J., & Tompkins, N. (2012). Facilitating effective family-school collaboration practices in an urban Catholic school using an action research methodology. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice. 15, 226-252.