EdD in School Psychology
This program is designed for practicing school psychologists who wish to advance their careers through the pursuit of a targeted doctoral degree. Candidates choose between tracks in:
- Mental Health: Develops clinical skills leading to eligibility as a licensed professional counselor (LPC).
- Data-Based Decision-Making: Focuses on translating research into practice.
In both tracks, consistent with existing professional standards, there is an emphasis on developing candidates' ability to: 1) think systemically, 2) develop their leadership potential, 3) access and implement evidence-based practices, and 4) further one’s capacity as an agent of social justice.
The EdD Program will accept applicants who already hold a valid Type 73 School Psychologist Certification in Illinois or have been nationally certified by National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) (see Admission page for details).
Due to the fact that courses are offered at a Loyola satellite location, there is the opportunity for students to not only experience a common core of classes academically, but also to come together socially and professionally as a cohort. As such, built into this program would be student experiences (e.g., guest lectures/trainings from practitioners, events from the current school psychology graduate organization) specifically designed for students in this program.
- Choose specialty track in either Mental Health or Data-Based Decision-Making.
- Take courses online or on campus on Saturdays.
- Study with a supportive cohort of students who move together through the program.
- Graduate from a highly respected university with a strong service and social justice mission.
Explore the program
The U.S. Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.