Measurement & Quantitative Methodology Certificate
This program offers a curriculum for training students to have expertise in applying measurement and quantitative techniques in a research setting. Students will be able to choose an emphasis of measurement or quantitative methods, and will receive a certificate upon completion of the requirements to validate their skills and efforts. This graduate-level program will prepare students for a variety of career opportunities that require training in measurement and/or quantitative techniques.
This program accommodates students with varying levels of quantitative background, thus allowing them to join the program at the level that is appropriate for them. It is particular beneficial for current students at Loyola who have taken basic quantitative courses and want to enhance their skills and highlight their expertise in contributing to methodological aspects of research when applying for jobs.
Upon the completion of the certificate, students will be prepared to:
- Have theoretical knowledge in measurement/psychometric theories and quantitative methods.
- Understand the assumptions of different quantitative techniques and learn to handle the violations of these assumptions.
- Select and apply appropriate measurement and quantitative methods to answer research questions.
- Use computer software to implement a wide range of quantitative analyses.
- Appropriately interpret statistical evidence