Loyola University Chicago

- Navigation -

Loyola University Chicago


School Counseling Licensure Endorsement


The Professional Educator License: The school counseling endorsement program is designed for students who already have completed a master's degree in education, counseling or a related field. Candidates must also hold a valid teaching license or complete three additional education courses:

Program Requirements

Endorsement requires completion of coursework equivalent to the 48-semester-hour M.Ed. program in School Counseling.

State Required Coursework:

Some of the required and additional coursework could have been completed during prior master's degree study. The Graduate Program Director of the School Counseling Program reviews the applicant's graduate transcript to determine the coursework that must be taken at Loyola University Chicago for endorsement.

Students are also required to have a clinical experience in a school.

Continuous Enrollments
Students in endorsement only programs are required to maintain the status of continuous enrollment during their program of studies. This means that during each semester of each academic year (excluding Summer Sessions), each student must enroll in at least one course.  (See SOE Policy: Academic Standing - Continuous Enrollment)

A formal leave of absence may be granted upon request and the approval of the School of Education’s Associate Dean of Student Academic Services.