MEd in Administration & Supervision for Principal Preparation
The MEd in Administration & Supervision with Principal Endorsement is designed by Loyola’s School of Education and community partners to ensure all candidates acquire a solid foundation to be a principal who is an instructional leader. This is a cohort-only program.
The program features an intensive coaching model that supports the principal candidate through the entire program. These coaches are former school leaders with a history of transforming schools. Candidates are assigned a coach during the first semester of the program.
Through focused, in-depth coursework, MEd candidates gain skills, perspectives, and information intended for immediate application in transforming schools and improving student performance.
- Be well positioned for career advancement in school leadership by earning a MEd degree with Illinois Principal Endorsement.
- Learn from educators and administrators with professional experience in school transformation.
- Gain knowledge that is immediately applicable in school districts.
- Complete the program in just 2.5 years.
Each Principal Preparation cohort typically start every other year. Please see the Admission page for deadlines and start dates for upcoming cohorts. See Tuition page for available tuition discounts for these cohorts.
- Catholic Principal Preparation Cohort for practicing Archdiocesan of Chicago teachers holding a valid Illinois teaching license.
- Chicago Public Schools (CPS) Principal Preparation Cohort for practicing CPS teachers and administrators holding a valid Illinois teaching license.
- Lake County Principal Preparation Cohort (PDF) for practicing Lake County teachers holding a valid Illinois teaching license.
Explore the program
- Sequence of Courses (Catholic Cohort and Vernon Hills Cohort)
- Sequence of Courses (CPS Cohort)
- Program Faculty