Student Development Committee
The Student Development Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Council of the School of Education. Committee members are chosen by their Affinity Group faculty and serve through their program completion. The Committee has the following charge:
- Develop policy and processes for the Student Activity Fee Fund
- Review and approve funding requests
- Assist in planning and delivering the School of Education Research Symposium
- Assist with the new student orientation
- Serve as liaisons for student concerns and issues
- Elect student representation on the Academic Council
|Advisor||Dr. Janet Pierce-Ritter|
|Cultural & Educational Policy Studies||Samantha Deane|
|Administration & Supervision||Open|
|Teaching and Learning
|Teaching and Learning
Funding requests are approved at each meeting. Meetings are typically the third Friday of the month from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Lewis Towers room 1030. Please e-mail Dr. Janet Pierce-Ritter at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
Request for Funding
Current students in the School of Education, including students in the Graduate School, may apply for funds to attend and/or present at a conference. Funds are distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Use the links below to request funds.
- Student Request for Funding to Present or Attend a Conference (PDF)
- Travel Expense Form Instructions & Example (PDF)
- Student Conference/Travel Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Sponsored Event Funding (PDF)
Student Development Committee (SDC) Research Grant
The SDC Research Grant - a $1,000 annual award granted to a Ph.D. or Ed.D. student to assist in their dissertation work. This Grant is awarded by the SDC, a standing committee of the Academic Council of the School of Education.
Applicants for the Research Grant must meet the following requirements:
- Students in a Ph.D. or Ed.D. School of Education program
- Enrolled in 600
- Dissertation Proposal Approved
- IRB Approved
The application requires a dissertation abstract, a brief budget, aletter of support from the dissertation chair, and an interview upon request. Applications along with all required documents are due to the School of Education. Each year, the SDC will select one recipient during the spring semester. The Grant will be distributed directly to the student by the end of this semester. Please see the application for more details and forward any questions to Janet Pierce-Ritter at firstname.lastname@example.org.