BET (Brazilian English Teacher Program)
At the request of the Brazilian government and in coordination with the Institute of International Education (IIE), this six-week program is intended to improve the language skills and pedagogical practices of English instructors from Brazil.
The Brazilian English Teacher Program includes the following key features:
- English classes with an emphasis on speaking and pronunciation
- TESOL classes that focus on best teaching practices and current techniques
- Visits to local schools and ESL centers
- Extracurricular activities and cultural excursions
- Community service projects where participants interact with local residents