The Honor of Maroon and Gold Society Membership
Rev. Michael J. Garanzini, S.J. and the Loyola University Chicago Cabinet created The Maroon & Gold Society in 2011 to recognize and engage outstanding Seniors. Selected members will have demonstrated an Ignatian commitment to leadership, academic excellence and service to others.
Maroon and Gold Society Criteria & Selection Process
- Nominee must be a Rising Senior [someone who will be enrolled as senior in Fall 2014].
- Nominee must anticipate completing 90 credits by September 2014.
- Nominee must be nominated by faculty, staff, students, administrators.
- No more than 25 members may be selected in a given year.
- Nominee must have completed two semesters, or the equivalent, at Loyola University Chicago and completed a minimum of thirty credits at Loyola University Chicago by September 2014.
- Nominee must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student.
- Nominee must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Nominee must be in good judicial standing with Loyola University Chicago.
- The University intentionally selects a diverse cohort of members, striving for inclusivity based upon race, ethnicity, religion, major, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Each nominee must provide the name of at least one faculty reference.
- The final membership list must be approved by Fr. Garanzini, Dr. Kelly, and the Vice President for Advancement.
- Click the following to read the Excellence Awards 2014 Committee's Principles of Ethics.
- Note: Campaigning for votes will disqualify you or your organization as a candidate for the 2013-2014 Damen Awards. Campaigning by the nominee or via proxy, includes but is not limited to: banners, flyers, social media posts, mass emails, and similar forms of publicity.
Questions? Please contact ExcellenceAwards@luc.edu or 773-508-8840.