Learning & Serving Safely
SL101: Lesson Four
Any off-campus activity, particularly that which involves providing direct or indirect services to clients (who may themselves be in high-stress situations), carries a certain amount of risk. Loyola's liability insurance provides a layer of protection to students for any accident or injury that may result from their engaging in academic activities. For this reason, it is important that you document your engaged learning site in LOCUS (and get approval of that documentation from your course instructor) ASAP whenever you are doing an engaged learning course. See "Documenting Your S-L" for more information.
Although there is no way to prepare for every contingency, it is possible to manage risk so as to prevent many kinds of incidents, or to respond in such a way as to limit the negative impacts of incidents for you AND for the people whom you're trying to serve. This important video reviews risk management in several related areas:
- Personal safety in transit to/from the service site;
- Managing risk while providing services on-site;
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries with clients;
- Accounting for additional risks when serving clients away from a "typical" service site;
- Contacting the CEL staff to report incidents, should they occur.