Nominations for the Faculty Member of Year Award
Dear Colleagues and Friends of the Faculty of Loyola University Chicago,
I am requesting nominees for Loyola's prestigious award, Loyola's "Faculty of the Year. The Faculty Council, a body that was established in 1964 by the then President is an advisory body that consists of members elected by the various faculties of the University. Amongst its many functions is representing your interests and acting as a two-way channel of communication between the University administration and the Corporate Faculty it makes policy recommendations. These include selecting faculty member to be honored as “Faculty Member of the Year.”
Being the “Faculty Member of the Year” is an honor worth receiving as we are members of a University that prides itself on having illustrious and wonderful teachers; who are conducting path breaking research in our respective areas; and making meaningful contributions to the local and larger communities surrounding Loyola. I am writing to invite you to participate in making nomination of “Faculty Member of the Year” successful this year by nominating a candidate of your choice for this prestigious award.
Along with a $2,000 honorarium and a plaque at the September Faculty Convocation; the recipient receives the honor of knowing she/he is recognized by a body of her/his peers to be our Faculty Member of the Year. The Committee at Faculty Council will review the nominations and will diligently work through these nominations to select a colleague from amongst all of your recommendations.
Your responsibility as nominators will be to include the following materials along with your Nomination:
- A one-page statement of support for the nominee. A nomination form is available here
- A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vita.
- A one-page statement from the candidate on how he/she perceives their role as a Loyola faculty member.
- A letter of support from a university colleague commenting, for example, on the collegiality of the candidate, his/her impact on the university and/or other outstanding personal characteristics.
- An outside letter of support commenting on the significance of the candidate’s research.
The deadline for receipt of these materials is April 30th, 2014.
Nomination materials should be sent to:
Chair, Faculty Council Awards Committee
Associate Professor at school of Social Work
As you begin to think of your wonderful colleagues; please do keep the following General guidelines in mind while selecting the Faculty Member you would like to nominate:
- An individual whose contributions as a Loyolan are enriched with the mission of the Loyola University Chicago.
- A well-rounded academic; an individual who demonstrates successfully the Loyola trademarks of exemplary teaching, consistent research/scholarly activity, and spirited service.
- A role model for students and faculty alike.
ALSO IMP: Ineligibility Criteria
A. Previous recipients of the award.
B. Faculty members who are retiring or leaving the University at the end of this academic year.
C. Administrators who hold faculty rank.
A list of all previous recipients of the award can be found at:
We hope that as you wrap up the semester; you will remember that in spring we need fresh energy! Appreciation and recognition and acknowledgements of the work we and our colleagues do are wonderful ways to do just that!
We look forward to receiving your nominations! Please email Shweta Singh email@example.com if you have any further queries in this regard.