Summer Construction Update
Summer 2017 Construction Update
Cudahy Science Building Roof Replacement (May 15 – August 15)
- Replace clay tile roofs and flat roofs
- Masonry repairs at gable roofs
- Moveable truck crane will be parked on west quad road during days, and moved during nights, from May 15–26
Cudahy Library Infrastructure Renovation (May 9 – November 25)
- Cudahy Library and stacks will be closed for the summer. Please visit the Information Commons desk for more information.
- HVAC renovation
- Fire alarm upgrade
- Main electric switchgear upgrade
- Elevator replacement
- Stack area roof replacement
- Donovan Room HVAC renovation (Fall 2017)
- Moveable truck crane will be parked on pavers west of building during the days (Fall timing TBD)
Fairfield Hall Renovation (May 9 – August 15)
- Plumbing riser replacement
- Carpet replacement
- Bathroom interiors and fixture upgrades
Quinlan Life Sciences Center Heat Recovery
- Install new heat recovery chiller and runaround loop
- Partial campus road closure (date TBD)
- Remaining work all interior
Computer Science Move to Doyle Center (May 15 – August 15)
- Electric/data upgrades
- Light interior refresh
- Relocate faculty and staff offices from Water Tower Campus
- Relocate labs and research data center from Water Tower Campus
BVM Hall Ventilation Upgrade – Phase 2 (May 15 – August 15)
- Install make-up air unit for east wing of building
- Interior ductwork reroute to penthouse
Mertz Elevator Replacement (May 9 – August 15)
- Replace all three passenger elevators
- Replace all residential furniture
- Exterior repairs to windows, precast, and roof parapet
Mundelein Center Exterior Doors (June 15 – August 15)
- Repair south, east, and west ornamental doors for improved building security
- One set of doors will be closed periodically
Maguire Hall Infrastructure Renovation (May 9 – August 15)
- Replace both passenger elevators
- Chiller replacement complete
- Install new green roof trays
Arrupe College Dining Hall (May 9 – August 15)
- Convert auditorium (room 110) into dining hall and student commons
Health Sciences Campus Stormwater Management – Phase 1
- Public bid, award, and preconstruction (May 1 – July 4)
- Construction of stormwater infrastructure under Lots 3 and 5 (July 15 – November 25)
- Construction of stormwater infrastructure under Lot 10 (April 2018 – July 2018)
City of Chicago, Department of Water project near Loyola's Lake Shore Campus (June 19 – early August)
- Water main replacement program (June 19 – early August)
- NPL Construction CO. has been contracted by the City of Chicago to install new water mains.
- Direction of Work: W. Loyola Ave. from N. Sheridan Rd. to N. Winthrop Ave and N. Sheridan Rd. from W. Loyola Ave. to W. Devon Ave.
- Sign up for email updates on the project by going to http://buildinganewchicago.org/ and enter #1601151 to register for the WaterALERT program.
- Chicago Water Main General Description 48, 49
Crown Center Access (July 5 - July 24 )
- On July 3rd fencing will close off access to the Crown Center from the East Quad, due to trenching work taking place.
- Pedestrian detour signage will go up at various campus locations on July 5th. Pedestrian access to Crown Center will remain open from either Loyola Avenue if coming from the west or the lakefront if coming from the south.
For questions regarding campus construction, please e-mail us at email@example.com.