Assessment Certificate Program
In collaboration with DePaul University, Loyola offers regular workshops throughout the academic year on topics related to the assessment of student learning. Faculty, staff, and graduate students can take these workshops individually or as part of the Assessment Certificate Program. If you would like to suggest a workshop topic or are interested in co-presenting a workshop, please visit http://acp.depaultla.org/get-involved/.
Assessment Certificate Program
The purpose of the assessment certificate program is to provide resources and support to faculty and staff engaging in the assessment of student learning. This program is a collaboration between academic affairs and student affairs at DePaul University and Loyola University Chicago. All faculty, staff, and graduate students at both institutions are eligible to participate in individual workshops and/or the certificate program. Workshops will be offered in both face-to-face and online media. Through this program, we aim to enhance collaborations and share expertise across universities as well as across the curricular and co-curricular domains.
To receive an Assessment Certificate, participants will need to complete the following steps:
First Step: Register for the Assessment Certificate Program.
Steps 2–4: The following three steps can be done in any order:
2. Register for and attend the Introduction to Assessment workshop at Loyola.
3. Register for and attend four assessment workshops, at either Loyola or DePaul, based on your interests and needs.
4. Propose a culminating project based on your assessment interests and needs.
Final Step: Complete your culminating project and attend a final workshop at Loyola to present and discuss your project.
Upcoming Assessment Workshops
To see and/or register for upcoming workshops please visit our website and scroll down to the Upcoming Workshops List.
The workshop schedule is also posted on the FCIP calendar and we will provide specific location information as it becomes available.
Materials From Previous Workshops (please do not use content without permission from the presenters)
- Cultural Competence in Assessment (Spring 2015)
- Cultural Competence in Assessment (Presentation Slides)
- Designing Rubrics (Spring 2015
- Recording from March 25, 2015 workshop: Recording
- Designing Rubrics (Presentation Slides)
- Developing a Comprehensive Assessment Plan (Spring 2014 and Spring 2015)
- Assessment Planning (Presentation Slides, Spring 2015)
- Direct vs. Indirect Assessment (Fall 2014)
- Direct vs. Indirect Assessment (Presentation Slides)
- Introduction to Assessment at Loyola
- Recording from June 26, 2015 webinar: https://connect.luc.edu/p5wbswm8cyj/
Intro to Assessment at LUC 1.30.15 (Presentation Slides)
- Qualitative Data Analysis (Spring 2015)
- Qualitative Data Analysis (Presentation Slides)
- Quantitative Data Analysis (Spring 2015)
- Quantitative Data Analysis (Presentation Slides)
- Survey Design (Spring 2015)
- Recording from February 25, 2015 workshop: Recording
- Survey Design Workshop (Presentation Slides)
- Writing and Revising Learning Outcomes (Fall 2014)
- Writing and Revising Learning Outcomes (Presentation Slides)
- Writing Effective Learning Outcomes (Fall 2014 FOTL)
- Writing Effective Learning Outcomes (Presentation Slides)
- Writing Effective Learning Outcomes Handouts