Ignatian Pedagogy Research Grant
Research Grant Application
Submissions have been received; grant recipients will be announced in November
This fall, the Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy (FCIP) is inaugurating a grant program designed to encourage research and discussion around the pedagogy of the Ignatian paradigm (IPP). Faculty members familiar with the IP are encouraged to consider how their teaching, research, and/or scholarship in the Jesuit tradition has impacted their interaction with students and influenced their work. As a Fellow, faculty will be asked to participate in select IP programming offered by the Center, and to provide a mid-year and final report on their project. Projects will be submitted for journal publication and/or shared through the eCommons service of the University Libraries. Our goal is to increase our attention to the IP in our scholarship and teaching, and to share our lessons learned with the broader scholarly community.
This initiative is being funded through Loyola’s Plan 2020.
- Complete research project within one academic year
- Submit article for publication and/or make available to eCommons collection
- Meet with FCIP and research colleagues twice per semester, including
- Meet with FCIP staff at conclusion of first semester to discuss progress
- Presentation with other Fellows at Lunch & Learn during Spring, 2017
- Engage actively (i.e., participate in at least one program per semester) in FCIP programming focused on Ignatian Pedagogy
- Full time faculty: tenured, tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty.
- Completion of year one of Ignatian Pedagogy (IP) certificate as offered by FCIP, and/or demonstrated knowledge (through application) of and experience with IP.
- Interest in addressing one or more of the following:
- Research measuring the impact and/or influence of IP on your teaching and/or research work at Loyola University Chicago
- Implications of IP to teaching effectiveness
- Exploration of the intersection of faith, justice, and reason as it relates to Ignatian Pedagogical
- Research on indicators that tie the Ignatian Paradigm to the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola
Amount: $5000 for up to four research fellows
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.