GRE Fee Reduction Program
Loyola University Chicago participates in the GRE Fee Reduction Program for the 2015-2016 testing year.
This program allows institutions to make GRE Fee Waiver Forms available to eligible college seniors and unenrolled college graduates who meet the GRE Board guidelines, as set by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
A student may receive one GRE Fee Waiver Form. The waiver may be applied toward the test fees for one GRE General Test, and/or one Subject Test.
Individuals who receive a GRE Fee Waiver Form will be required to pay 50 percent of the 2015-2016 GRE test fee; $80 for the General Test and $70 for a Subject Test. Only one Fee Waiver Form may be issued to a student by Loyola (not one per test) and the Fee Reduction cannot be combined with other ETS discounts.
GRE Board Guidelines:
The student must be a US Citizen or resident alien and have completed a 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). using the results, the student must be:
- a dependent senior with a parent contribution of no more than $1500 or
- an independent senior with a Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1900 or
- an independent unenrolled college graduate with an Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1900.
There are no appeals for this criteria. Loyola cannot issue a certificate unless these criteria are met.
- The student requests a Fee Waiver Form from the Office of Student Financial Assistance by email (email@example.com) or phone (773.508.7704). Note: If the student has not included Loyola University Chicago (001710) on the FAFSA, the request must be accompanied by the students Social Security Number and Date of Birth, so that the FAFSA results may be included with the GRE Fee Waiver Form.
- OSFA will print the student record from the FAFSA and complete a Fee Waiver Form , if the student meets the above criteria, set by Educational Testing Service (ETS) criteria.
- Forms may be picked up at the Sullivan Center for Student Services on the Lake Shore campus (please allow 7-10 business days for processing).
- All items are mailed by the student to ETS, with the test materials.